The Principal London
The Principal London has opened following a multi-million pound refurbishment from top to toe.
Originally opened in 1898 by the Frederick Hotels Company, and designed by Charles Fitzroy Doll, The Principal London is a listed, landmark 'grande dame' that occupies the eastern flank of Russell Square in Bloomsbury. The Principal London combines the rich heritage of the original hotel with modern touches, vibrant bars and buzzing restaurants.
We are recruiting for the exciting role of Security Officer, you will support the Security function for the hotel through the effective development and implementation of appropriate security and risk management policies.
Reporting to the Security Manager, the role involves a wide range of duties including:
- To provide a safe and secure environment for colleagues and guests
- Carrying out periodic locker, bag and car searches
- Accountable to conduct daily fire patrols, including fire safety equipment, reporting any faults and follow up to ensure they have been addressed
- Accountable to carry out frequent patrols of all guest floors, public and back of house areas throughout the hotel
- To deal with any incidents involving the police or other law enforcement agency, maintaining good relationships with them
- Maintain a good working relationship with contractors in relation to special projects
- Ensure effective communication throughout the security department and ensure excellent inter-departmental communication systems are in place with key areas
- Ensure the highest level of personal appearance at all times
It is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- You must have a valid SIA Door security Licence
- Have a distinctive blend of confidence and personality to help give our guests an unforgettable experience
- Be capable of making Intuitive decisions in favour of the guest and maintain the highest standards of service
- Have a naturally Warm and Generous personality
- Extensive knowledge of Health & Safety
- Strong command of the English language
- Flexibility to work on rotas
- Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure