De Vere Horsley Estate
Would you like to work in a place where every day you discover something new and individual about the building and grounds that surround you?
Set in 70 acres of Surrey parkland, De Vere Horsley Estate has history and heritage at every turn. Designed and built in the 1820s by the architect of the Houses of Parliament, the estate is now home to a contemporary training, conference and meeting venue. For a unique experience, The Towers, an Elizabethan style house, creates an unforgettable backdrop for weddings with picturesque lakeside lawns, Arabian inspired secret chapel and cloisters.
Linen Porter - Monday to Friday (occasional weekends)
What is the main purpose of the role?
In this role, you will develop established and recognised linen control systems with respect to all departments within the hotel, including laundry of guest clothing and staff uniform, receipt, counting and stock rotation, sorting and distribution.
You’ll ensure all housekeeping equipment is used safely and effectively and will report any accidents to guests and staff and potential hazards. The Linen Porter will also ensure tidiness and cleanliness of all linen cupboards, store rooms and back of house areas as required.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with a passion for customer service, a great self-motivator with a positive attitude and a keen eye for detail along with being a great team player providing support to the Housekeeping Team.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty