The Principal York
The Principal York, adjacent to the train station and dating back to 1878, provides the first tangible glimpse of the ambitions for and investment in the new Principal hotel brand. All of the hotel’s 155 bedrooms have been given a beautiful new look and feel by interior architects Goddard Littlefair, whilst the newly refurbished public spaces include The Garden Room, with views across the hotel lawns to York Minster in the background. The hotel also has a new restaurant – The Refectory Kitchen & Terrace, serving fresh, seasonal produce from “God’s Own Country” – as well as a comfortable, cosy bar called the Chapter House.
Overview of the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Waiter to join our food and beverage team where you will be responsible for delivering the highest standard of food and beverage to our guests, in order to ensure their ultimate satisfaction and create memorable guest experiences.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting each guest in a warm and friendly manner, making every guest feel welcome.
- Providing the highest levels of guest service and care at all times.
- Ensuring a smooth service is provided to all guests by following all Company service standards.
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of beverage and menu items enabling you to answer guest queries with confidence.
- Ensure that mise en place is completed before and after service.
- Complete cleaning tasks as specified on the cleaning rota.
- Lay tables to the set standard for breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
- Assist other food and beverage departments when required, including Conference & Events, Room Service and the Bar.
- Attend meetings, training sessions and other such events when requested by your Manager/ Supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have a passion for hospitality and guest service, and recognise the importance of giving exceptional service to guests to surprise and delight.
- You will have an outgoing and engaging personality and guest satisfaction drives you, as does the challenge of working in a busy environment which requires flexibility and working well under pressure.
- Excellent communication, confidence and an eye for detail.