De Vere Theobalds Estate
An elegant and historic Georgian country mansion in Hertfordshire seamlessly combined with modern conference facilities provides the perfect place for your next career move. Located in 55 acres of parkland and only 10 miles from London, the impressive 140 bedroomed property that boasts 29 meetings rooms, a bar and a restaurant, this hotel really has a wide variety of opportunities within all departments.
What is the main purpose of this role?
In this role you are directly accountable for the day to day revenue management and delivering the budgeted revenue results at the properties within your area. In conjunction with the hotel general managers and the revenue and conference team, you’re responsible for setting the pricing and selling strategy of the hotels within the portfolio as well as ensuring that there are appropriate pricing strategies for all market segments allowing the properties to maximize profitability.
- To deliver the budgeted revenue results for the responsible properties
- To participate in the preparation of the annual budgets and drive the business plans with the GM and executive team
- Along with the GM and hotel team produce the weekly forecasting for the assigned portfolio of hotels, analyse the BOB, all associated revenue management tools and expected pick up, provide guidance and advice to help achieve the forecast
- Conduct weekly or bi-monthly revenue strategy meetings with each hotel in the assigned portfolio of hotels.
- Deploy and/or support the assigned portfolio of hotels in there revenue and pricing systems (OPERA, ORS, OWS) and supporting tools (RateView, Siteminder, RM Tools etc.), GDS and any other third party conference or other revenue generating medium.
- Thorough the training and development of the property teams to achieve accurate forecasting of within 3% for the start of the month to the end of the month.
- Target a positive growth for the year in RGI of STR as set in the budgets – Analyse the results and take appropriate action when required based on findings
- To ensure revenue management of the property diaries versus bedroom availability and pricing is checked consistently for the forthcoming periods and every quarter check the forth coming 12-24 months with the assigned portfolio of hotels.
- To maintain an up to date rate strategy document that is linked to BOB, Competitor set, special town events Historic trends and meeting room availability.
- To ensure a revenue and pricing strategy is in place for the meeting rooms on both a stand alone room hire and DDR/24hr
- Communicate with Sales and Operations to the properties are holding additional enquiries behind initial enquires (pro 1’s) to maximise revenues, by having sufficient enquires to replace lost enquires or cancelled events.
- Carry out two full revenue and distribution audits per year for each of the hotels in the portfolio, an action plan is developed and implemented to drive and improve the standards and key disciplines.
- Ensure all leisure packages and seasonal promotions are up to date and relevant and that all promotions on the OTA’s are relevant and up to date.
- Liaise with the distribution team to review the results of the period audits, Rate parity, OTA content, D2 availability, and promotions performance.
The ideal candidate
As Revenue Manager it is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies;
- Previous experience within a similar role
- A high degree of commercial acumen
- Excellent people / communication skills and experience working with Opera
- Extensive Excel skills
- Persuasive and assertive in communication and negotiations
- Able to present situations logically and face up to and resolve conflicts or criticism
- Has a strong impact in own areas of accountability and strong impact around the business by being visible and self-confident
- Confident in communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally. Is honest and thoughtful in communication – pitches information at the appropriate level
This role requires flexibility with regards to working hours and the ability to travel.