The Principal London
The Principal London has opened following a multi-million pound refurbishment from top to toe.
Originally opened in 1898 by the Frederick Hotels Company, and designed by Charles Fitzroy Doll, The Principal London is a listed, landmark 'grande dame' that occupies the eastern flank of Russell Square in Bloomsbury. The Principal London combines the rich heritage of the original hotel with modern touches, vibrant bars and buzzing restaurants.
As a Reservations Agent you will contribute to the growth of the rooms and accommodation business, maximising occupancy and revenue, through proactive selling and effectively converting enquiries into sales. To ensure all guests and potential guests receive a polite, professional and efficient service, ensuring all hotel and company standards are maintained and all current legislation is adhered to.
As a Reservations Agent, your responsibilities will include:
- To take bookings for all bedrooms, as per the hotel, company and legal standards.
- To ensure bookings are managed to maximise sales, occupancy and revenue.
- To upsell all hotel facilities when taking bookings.
- To accurately input all guests requests into the hotel booking system as per the hotel, company and legal standards.
- To assist the client with any special requests.
- To ensure all correspondence is answered, recorded and filed accurately as per the hotel and company standards
- To identify all sales opportunities and effectively convert into bookings.
- To consult with the Reservations Supervisor / Manager in respect of group and agency bookings.
As our Reservations Agent you will naturally:
- Have a distinctive blend of confidence and personality to help give our guests an unforgettable experience
- Make Intuitive decisions in favour of the guest and maintain the highest standards of service
- Have a naturally Warm and Generous personality
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills
- Be a highly-motivated individual who can demonstrate success at this level, ideally within a 5 star luxury hotel
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills at all levels
- Results driven with a strong personality and the natural ability to build rapport with people
- Confident in communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Great organisational skills, demonstrate an organised way of working and a structured approach is essential for this role as is good data analysis skills